Deepika in XXX The Return Of Xander Cage: Padukone reveals how she landed her first Hollywood role

Deepika Padukone reveals the reason she was offered a role in XXX The Return Of Xander Cage, the film which will be Deepika's first Hollywood project.

Deepika Padukone is going international with XXX The Return Of Xander Cage

Deepika Padukone's Instagram photo with Fast And Furious star Vin Diesel was among the most-discussed topics last year. Right after the actor took to the photo-sharing platform to post the photo, social media worked itself into a veritable frenzy.
It was then revealed that Deepika had indeed landed a role alongside Diesel in the Hollywood film XXX The Return Of Xander Cage.
That made Padukone the latest Bollywood star to go international, and the actor says although she is proud to have bagged XXX The Return of Xander Cage, she is nervous about venturing into a new territory.
The 30-year-old Bajirao Mastani actor will share the screen with Hollywood stars Vin Diesel and Samuel L Jackson in the DJ Caruso-directed action thriller, which is the third installment of the XXX film franchise.
Deepika says her ethnicity helped her bag the role, and in the film she will be given an opportunity to flaunt her Indianness.
"I am very excited. But I want to confess that I am very nervous. Most importantly, I feel proud to be a part of a film where I get to flaunt my ethnicity," Deepika told PTI.
"The reason they are roping me in is because of my background. I really hope that I do well in the movie and people go and watch it," said the actor.
Back home, Deepika has been making the right noises and has had a tremendous year in 2015 with the success of her films Piku, Tamasha and Bajirao Mastani.
Padukone says it has been her constant effort to keep improving every year and she is happy to see her efforts pay off two years in a row.
"I work to compete with myself and keep setting the benchmark for myself, to keep bettering. After a successful 2014, I hoped I can do better and then it happened in 2015. It is my constant desire to keep improving," she said.
With back-to-back film shoots and other commitments, Deepika says she hardly gets time off. But despite her busy schedule, Deepika makes sure she reads and also tries her hands at baking.
"I havent got a weekend for the past three years. But when I do get it, I like to just catch up on sleep. I also love baking and reading. Currently, I am reading the biography of Elizabeth Taylor."

No comments:

Post a Comment

కరోనా కోవిడ్ -19 గురించి ఏ వికీపీడియా మీకు చెప్పలేము?

కరోనా కోవిడ్ -19 గురించి ఏ వికీపీడియా మీకు చెప్పలేము? మిమ్మల్ని మీరు రక్షించుకోండి  Your మీ చేతులను తరచుగా కడగాలి Eyes మీ కళ్ళు, న...